The Bell Tower is located on Huancheng Road, Daliang Town. It was built in 1564, the 43rd year of Jiajing in the Ming Dynasty. Originally built at the foot of Tiyun Mountain, it was relocated to its current location in 1570, the fourth year of Longqing in the Ming Dynasty. The tower is of wood and stone structure. The stones form a platform. The lower part is a gate through which vehicles can pass. There are 16 pillars on the upper part to form the tower with double eaves and four columns. In 1890, the 29th year of Kangxi in the Qing Dynasty, the Bell Tower was renovated. Now there is a wooden plaque on the tower recording events during the Kangxi era: ‘The holy bell tolls for Hongxuan. The copper bell weighs a thousand catties. It is struck morning and night, and the sound can be heard ten miles away.’ The original bell has been destroyed. The existing copper bell was recast during the Qianlong period. Since its relocation, the Bell Tower was renovated in 1774, the 39th year of Qianlong, and in 1885, the 11th year of Guangxu. Open all year round and all day.
Bell Tower
The Bell Tower is located on Huancheng Road, Daliang Town. It was built in 1564, the 43rd year of Jiajing […]